TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the Terms and Conditions (in conjunction with the ‘Platypus Park Rules’) that apply when you enter the grounds of Platypus Park Riverside Retreat. You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions when you make a booking or enter the Park as a Day Visitor. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a booking. The terms and conditions applying to your booking will be those in place on the date that you make your booking.
DOWNLOAD PPRR GUEST RULES BOOKINGS
Platypus Park reserves the right to refuse or decline your booking at any time without reason. We also reserve the right to refuse entry into the farm for any reason we so determine in our discretion (including for our own purposes). You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking. You will need to provide your credit or debit card details to secure your booking. Platypus Park accepts Visa and MasterCard to secure a booking. Please check that the details of your booking are complete and accurate before you confirm your booking. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect information. If you think that there is a mistake in your booking or if you require any changes to a confirmed booking, please contact us immediately to discuss. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by sending you an email to the email address that you provide during the booking process. The contract between us for the provision of your accommodation/campsite and any additional services added to your booking will be formed when you receive this email confirmation from us.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Accommodation/ campsites are available from 2pm on the arrival date and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
Failure to leave your villa/ campsite by this time will incur a late check-out charge.
It may be possible for you to arrive earlier or checkout later if prior arrangement have been made with Park Staff.
Platypus Park reserves the right to amend or alter prices, sites and conditions at any time without notice.
When you make a booking request, we’ll give you a total price for the villa/campsite and number of nights you’ve requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your booking. Prices are per villa/ campsite, per night and are inclusive of GST at the time of your booking.
The maximum site occupancy is as follows:
- Villa: up to 7 persons (adults/children)
- Campsite (single): 1 person
- Campsite (double)*: 2 persons
- Campsite (family)*: up to 2 adults & 3 children from same household unit
*Additional persons will be charged. You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for villa/campsite allocated to you. Children under 18 are not permitted to stay at Platypus Park unless a Parent or Guardian is also staying in the Park.
EXPECTATIONS OF YOU AND YOUR GROUP
You must not:
- Smoke anywhere inside the Villa or the Barn. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking on the premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a $100 fine.
- If you would like to host a Day visitor/s, Park staff must be notified a day before. All Day Visitors will be charged $25/person/day. This charge must be paid on or before arrival. Failure to pay will result in charges to your guest account.
- Bring dogs to the Park without prior approval. Dogs MUST be kept on a leash at all times, except in the designated off-leash area and all waste picked up by owner. If a dog is let off the leash, it will be asked to leave the property immediately. A Fee will be charged per dog upon arrival.
- Remove, damage or destroy any Park property.
- Tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment.
- Cause unreasonable disturbance or behave in a socially unacceptable way to our other guests or any Staff, causing damage, using unacceptable language or otherwise breaking our rules.
If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the Park, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Platypus Park on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss. If you or your group cause damage to the Park, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Platypus Park reserves the right to:
- Cancel your booking with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from the premises
- Retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your booking; and/or Refuse future bookings from you
- Platypus Park will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
Our campsite amenities have accessible facilities should these be required.
Although Platypus Park will try to accommodate special requests, all requests will be subject to availability of sites and Park requirements at the time.
PAYING FOR YOUR BOOKING
If you have not paid for your booking in full at the time you make your booking, you will need to pay on arrival. Payment may be made by Cash or Credit/Debit card (Visa and MasterCard).
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOMODATION
All cancellations will be applied in accordance with our Cancellations and Refunds Policy.
The Cancellations and Refunds Policy will supersede information provided in the below section in the instance of a discrepancy.
If you cancel your booking 30 days prior to the day of arrival and have paid for the accommodation in advance by debit/credit card, you may choose to receive a credit, otherwise the total booking amount will be refunded to the same debit/credit card used to make the booking minus a $100 Administration Fee.
If you cancel your booking less than 30 days prior to the day of arrival and have paid for the accommodation in advance by debit/credit card, 20% of the total booking amount will be refunded to the same debit/credit card used to make the booking.
If you cancel your booking less than 7 days prior to the day of arrival and have paid for the accommodation in advance by debit/credit card, you will forfeit 100% of your booking total. In all instances a cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
We may cancel your booking at any time with immediate effect by giving you notice (which includes verbal, text message or email) if you do not pay us when you are required to do so; or you break the contract between us in any other material way. If we cancel your booking where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract.
Platypus Park Riverside Retreat may terminate this Agreement immediately by written notice to You if any of the following events has occurred (or is, in Platypus Park Riverside Retreat ’s reasonable opinion, likely to occur):
(1) Platypus Park Riverside Retreat ceases to offer the Event Services;
(2) Platypus Park Riverside Retreat believes the professional relationship between Platypus Park Riverside Retreat and You has broken down beyond repair;
(3) Platypus Park Riverside Retreat believes that we cannot in good faith provide the specific Event Services that You require; or
(4) Platypus Park Riverside Retreat believes that any other circumstances exist so as to render the provision of the Event Services unfeasible. .
If Platypus Park Riverside Retreat cancels the Event Platypus Park Riverside Retreat may refund any payment made by You, less the Booking Fee and any other amount reasonably required to compensate Platypus Park Riverside Retreat for Event Services provided up to the point of cancellation.
If you request that an Event Date be postponed to an alternate date, such postponement is subject to Platypus Park Riverside Retreat’s acceptance, in our sole discretion.
If we agree to postpone an Event Date, such postponement is subject to your agreement that:
(1) we may be unable to accommodate a similar day, date or time, and the new Event Date will be subject to You and Us agreeing to a mutually agreeable date and time that is available to be booked;
(2) our pricing structure then current for the new Event Date will apply, including any increase arising from our annual price increase;
(3) any money paid by you (including Progress Payments) will be credited towards your new Event Date, however you will not be entitled to a refund of any amount paid; and
(4) in our sole discretion, we may retain all of any Progress Payments if we incur any loss as a result of postponing an Event Date.
2 EVENT DURATION
The following event durations must be strictly adhered to. Variations to these event duration times can only be granted in writing from Platypus Park Riverside Retreat.
An Event at Platypus Park Riverside Retreat is not permitted to commence before 9am or finish later than 11:00pm– including time for guests to arrive and depart the carpark.
2.3 All music and amplified sound must stop by 10.50 pm. The bar will close at 10.40pm, unless confirmed in writing.
3 EVENT SETUP AND EARLY ACCESS TO VENUE
3.1 We are unable to give you access to the venue prior to your day of booking or earlier than the commencement time of your event for setup or rehearsals; however, we encourage you to arrange a time to drop off any equipment or decorations before the Event Date.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
We may also cancel your booking if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies, emergency evacuation or government restriction) means that we are unable to make your accommodation/ campsite available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and if you have already paid for your stay, we will refund your payment to you less an Administration Fee. You may also choose to accept a full credit, to use at a late date. Same as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you wish to book online you will need to make payment online prior to arrival. If any extras are added to the booking after online payment, these must be paid for on arrival.
Bookings that have been created online cannot be amended online – please contact Park Staff for assistance.
If you are booking in a group, please include a Group Booking Name and Park Staff will try and locate the group together, subject to site availability.
This contract formed when we confirm your booking is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable by a court of law, then that part will be deemed deleted or amended to the minimum extent necessary to make that part legal and enforceable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies. All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding our website or these terms and conditions, then please email: email@example.com